Submitted by Kathryn Hauck
Everything is awesome! The summer is moving right along and there is still so much happening at your local library!
• TD Summer Reading Club – Thursdays at 11:00am.
-August 1 – Wonders of Nature
-August 8 – Quest for Bones
-August 15 – Wonders of Nature
• Story Time Adventures – Wednesday August 7, 10:30-11:30am: Join Early Years Educator and a Bruce County Branch Librarian for activities and stories.
• Canadian Raptor Conservancy –Thursday August 15 at 1:00pm.
• Author Andy Potter – Tuesday August 13 at 2:00pm: “Bay of Blood”, a novel set in Georgian Bay, based on the mysterious death of renowned Canadian Painter Tom Thomson.
Lion’s Head Branch
• Friends of Lion’s Head Library Book Sale – Saturday August 3, 10:00am-2:00pm: Come and meet the Friends of the Library, purchase some books and learn what your library has to offer!
• TD Summer Reading Club – Wednesday at 3:00pm.
-August 7 – Quest for Bones
-August 14 – Amazing Animals
• Shipwreck Tales of Georgian Bay – Saturday August 10 at 11:00am: Join Chris Kohl and Joan Forsberg, Great Lake Maritime Historians, to discuss the three most recent discoveries of historic ships, The JANE MILLER, J.H. JONES and the MANASOO.
• Author: Andy Potter – Monday August 19 at 1:00pm: “Bay of Blood”, a novel set in Georgian Bay, based on the mysterious death of renowned Canadian Painter Tom Thomson.
Thank you to Friends of Tobermory Library for bring Scales Nature Reserve for a visit!
Also, thank you to Parks Canada and their excellent program on the Road to Recovery for turtles and snakes!
An awesome read: The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer