Submitted by Kathryn Hauck
Artists – If you have art work that you would like displayed at the Lion’s Head Library, please contact us! February Artist is Chelsea Robart.
WHAT IS HAPPENING in Tobermory:
•Adult Craft – Community Puzzling: Tuesdays from 11:00am-12:00pm. Come and help complete a puzzle. Coffee and tea provided.
• LEGO: Saturdays from 11:00am-12:00pm. Play, create and build!
•Story Time Adventures – February 19 from 10:30-11:30am: Come along for story time adventures with an Early Years Educator and a Bruce County Librarian. Be creative and have fun engaging in a variety of art, literacy and numeracy activities.
• Blind Date with a Book – February 1-14: Take your chances on a literary “blind date”! Check out materials from our displays and enter a draw for a chocolate treat! We’d love to hear how your date went: share your comments about your “blind date” book on your ballot. You never know, you may fall in love with a new author or genre!
WHAT IS HAPPENING in Lion’s Head:
•Thursday Sages – Thursday from 11:00-12:00: February 13, 20 and 27. Topics include Valentine’s Tea, Coloring & Cocoa, Let’s Reduce and Cellphone Basics.
•Needle Arts – Fridays February 17 & 24 at 2:00pm: Connect and share with other crafters while working on your current project.
• Story Time – Every Friday from 10:00-10:30am, Ages 0-4: Join us for this fun preschool program where we will help you build early literacy skills with your child by reading, talking, singing and playing together. Adults must stay for the program.
• Blind Date with a Book – February 1-14.
•Computers 101 – Mondays from 1:00-2:00pm: Let’s learn creating an email account, attaching pictures to an email and Facebook. Registration is required.
• Book Club – Friday February 28, at 2:00pm: The Language of Kindness by Christie Watson. January’s Book, An American Marriage by Tayari Jones: four members liked it and two thought it was ok!
A MUST read: Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center