Submitted by Matt Pickett, BPDS Principal
On Thursday October 8, BPDS grade 8 grads were finally able to receive the recognition so deserved by all.
Many of these scholars are already ripping up grade 9 in the new Quadmester system that sees them study one topic at a time and complete two credits in just over 2 months. Yet, they had not said goodbye to elementary school officially.
In the age of Covid-19, grads drove up with family and were greeted by staff who cheered as they arrived one at a time to allow for social distancing. The whole plan was approved by Public Health with strict guidelines to ensure we were all safe.
Grade 8 Valedictorians were Regan Taylor and Rowan McKellar.
Your 2019/2020 Grade 8 Graduates are:
(Missing from gallery Chelsea Burley, Alexia Benham, Rylan Cameron, Dylan Hurst, and Mackenzi Hawke.)
The following students were presented with awards:
• Excellence in Art: Lauren Chenier
• Excellence in Drama: Dylan Hurst
• Excellence in English: Rowan McKellar
• Excellence in French: Paityn Handley
• Excellence in Geography: Luke Belanger
Excellence in History: Zenaide Wall
• Excellence in Math: Rylan Cameron
• Excellence in Music: Elizabeth Davies
• Excellence in Phys Ed: Maryn Kongas and Rylan Cameron
• Excellence in Science: Gracey Williamson
• CUPE Award: Bryaire Forbes
• Ontario Principals’ Council Award: Rowan McKellar and Sammie Hess
• Growth Mindset & Perseverance Award: Thalassa Parent
• Sense of Humour Award: Reagan Taylor
• Leadership Award: Elise Stewart and Sahara Weatherhead
• UNESCO Global Citizenship Award: Elizabeth Davies
• Bruce Power Award: Reagan Taylor
• Greatest Improvement Award: Kenzi Hawke
• Citizenship Award: Elise Stewart
• Scholastic Award: Zenaide Wall
• General Proficiency Award: Luke Belanger