Submitted by Elaine Sinha
The Legion is hosting what is hoped to be the first of many – a Robbie Burns Dinner on January 25, 2020 at 5:00 pm. Tickets are $20 and need to be purchased before the end of December!
On the menu is Haggis with Whiskey Cream Sauce, Sausage Patties, Neeps & Tatties, and Sticky Toffee Pudding. There is also a vegetarian Haggis.
So don the kilt, come on out for some fun And the Selkirk Grace. Tickets can be purchased from Kandice at the branch or call Kathryn Hauck at 519-377-1434.
The Membership Earlybird Campaign is underway until November 30th. The cost until then is $45 to renew, $50 after that date.
There are 3 ways to pay:
1. Come into the Branch and see Kandice, cash or cheque.
2. E-Transfer from your Bank to email@example.com
3. Renew Online with a credit card. Go to: portal.legion.ca, unfortunately, the price is $50 but allows another convenient way to pay!
When you renew your membership by the early bird deadline, you:
– Keep your account in good standing
– Maintain years of continuous service
– Support our Branch and Programs
– Ensure delivery of the Legion Magazine
Membership Chairman, Rick Lane.
– General Membership Meeting: Tuesday, December 10 at 4:00 pm *please note time change.
– Turkey Raffle: Friday, December 13 at 7:00 pm.
– Santa Claus Parade: Saturday, December 14 at 1:00 pm, downtown; kids come and see Santa after at the Community Centre.
– Trivia Night: Friday, December 20 at 7:00 pm.
– Bingo by the Ladies Auxiliary: Every Monday at 1:00 pm at the Community Centre.
– Darts for fun: Every Thursday at 7:00 pm.
– Meat Draws: Every Saturday at 4:00 pm.
The Tobermory Bridge Club has headed for warmer weather and will resume in the spring.
All events take place at the Branch unless otherwise noted. We are open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 3:00 pm.
Visit our website: www.tobermorylegion.org or see us on Facebook.